Monday 12 September 2011

Weekly Update/Sainsbury's Super Saturday

Week Commencing: 5th September 2011

I want to apologise for my lack of knowledge of everything in the music world this week, I've had such a crazy week with organising back to school and everything that comes up in that.

This weekly update is going to be very Sainsbury's Super Saturday dominated.
I was fortunate enough to win tickets to this amazing event, I entered a competition that channel 4 were hosting thinking that I would never win it and then two days before the event I had tickets arrive. I was incredibly surprised and very freaked out. I had to ring and beg my boss to let me have the day off of work which she lovingly did and find some friends to take. I ended up going with one of my best friends and my cousin and her friend. I cannot explain to you how amazing the day was. Especially to win tickets which for an adult ticket cost people £30.00 was even better. We arrived and ended up running towards T4's presenting stage when we realised that The Wanted were standing up there. I'd say we got about a metre away from them. It was a very good day. Then later on, we managed to get a wave from Jay and Max, we were very happy of that achievement.
The running order of the day consisted of Nicola Roberts (she opened the day with a bang), Cadbury Pumped Karaoke (which was a good way of getting everyone involved), Olly Murs (he was amazing and knows how to appeal to a crowd incredibly well), The Wanted (amazing as expected), Will Young (a very interesting performer), Pixie Lott (sadly only performed two songs but she did have a lipstick situation and smudged it), Dappy (very lively and got everyone pumped), Sugababes (it rained a lot during their performance but it got everyone more in the mood I think), The Saturdays (they were amazing, how they do those dances in their killer heels will amaze me), I think in this gap we had two very strange performances by London performers - they were nothing exciting, Chipmunk (he was amazing, he got everyone involved and his laugh just made you want to laugh) and finally we had Taio Cruz (incredible, I actually knew all of his songs which I wasn't expecting). It was such a brilliant day, and with all of that there was also the chance to try out some of the paralympic activities. Seeing as the day was to mark one year until London hosts the 2012 Paralympic Games. It was so nice to see so many competitors there enjoy themselves all day and to even see them showing off at their sports. It was honestly one of the best days ever.  This is a video I recorded of Chipmunk performing Lights in the air.


This is another video that I managed to film of Olly Murs performing Heart Skip A Beat, he was honestly amazing and I don't think I've screamed at one person quite so much.


On a serious and normal weekly update note we have this weeks top three, in third place is The Saturdays with All Fired Up, Second is Maroon 5 with Move Like Jagger and in first place with All About Tonight is Pixie Lott. I can currently say I have seen her perform her number one single.



Let me know what you think
Abbie xox

2 comments:

  1. Love this post. Super Saturday was sick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you (: It was a great evening, Were you there? Any highlights?

    ReplyDelete