Thursday 22 December 2011

Room 94 Christmas Show

Room 94 performing

Me and Sam from Twenty Twenty
So I have finally got to see Room 94 and they were amazing. And in true fan girl style I screamed a lot. I would say I was quite calm especially when the band members were just casually walking past me but I think my lovely friends that came with me would disagree. It was probably the way when we were queueing up outside and Sean (from Room 94) came outside to talk to some people and everyone was just acting really casually and I was standing there going "HE'S IN THE BAND, HE'S IN THE BAND". I was much better behaved later on and I didn't even get to meet Room 94, to be fair I probably could have done but I decided that it would have been a bit far. My other major fan girl moment (I've decided to confess to them all now) is when Sam Halliday walked into the room with me still standing there going "Is that the guy from Twenty Twenty, it totally is.....is it?" and then when some girls ran up to him I knew it was him. I couldn't miss a moment like that so I had to go and get a picture with him, it was worth loosing my "cool" edge. He is honestly one of the nicest people I've ever had the pleasure of meeting for about 20 seconds, he just generally seemed like such a nice guy.

The one bit of a downer to the evening was that I felt incredibly old, me and my three friends seemed like the oldest people that were there besides from parents, security and the bands themselves. So we were standing among what seemed like 12-15 year olds for a long period of time, which wasn't at all what I was expecting. At least it meant that there weren't too many tall heads to try to look over to see the bands.
Beyond Recall (individual post to follow - its not ready yet) were a really good support act that was until the screamo part came, I preferred them before they introduced that. It ruined it for me, this is just a personal thing but it depends what you are into. But before that part I was slowly falling in love with them.

Stakeout (individual post also to follow this one is pretty much done it just needs perfectifying) were amazing, they are all so cutesy and most of them are older than me but they really don't look it. The lead singer from this band managed to cut his finger in the first song but he managed to triumph on and kept playing with blood spilling out of his finger. It was not at all a pretty site.

Then of course Room 94 came on and just rocked it. They were so good, there was only one song that I couldn't sing along to which was their first time ever played live song. It was really good so I'm guessing that'll be on their next album so I look forward to seeing that come out. I was a bit bummed that they didn't perform for that long, I was ready for a few more songs, perhaps a couple of Christmas songs and a bit of stage banter but that didn't actually happen. But then I guess you can always have too much of a good thing. This first video is them starting their set which is The End:

This video is their new song which I'm afraid the name of it has escaped me:

Basically I am so glad that I went, for a free Christmas show it was amazing and I had a really great time. The whole atmosphere was great by just the way that bands don't need the heavy security or barriers that a big named festival would need. We even managed to fit in a trip to the pub before the journey home began which is clearly the way it should be. I would recommend to any of you to go check out these bands because they were all great. It was a great start to the Christmas mood - I think it was all the Christmas jumpers that did it.
If you were there drop me a comment, it'd be great to hear from you.
Abbie xox

All the videos are ones that I recorded myself from my phone which I admit aren't that great. The image is good but the sound is rubbish - I need to mix my old and new phone together and then it'd be perfect. The reason some are done by youtube is because it is ten times faster than blogger video upload which I soon found out. Also all photos in this post are personally my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment