Monday 2 April 2012

Loud Noises Tour


As you may know I went to Room 94's final stop on their Loud Noises tour last Saturday 31st March 2012), and of course it was brilliant. I have so much that I want to say about this gig but I know I won't remember everything that I could possibly put in.
The London gig took place at Kings College student union. I went with my friend Georgia (who is the randomer with the big smile in the majority of the videos), so when we were walking around to the venue after thinking we were lost we then saw The Famous Class and having heard that they were going to see the gig we decided it would be a good choice to speed up and follow them to hope that we were going the right direction. We had only followed them about 10 metres before going around the corner and seeing a gigantic queue of girls. It was pretty clear to us that we were there; I was really surprised with the amount of people that were there because I had heard that the tour hadn't sold as well as the boys were hoping it to but the London gig was packed! I was actually scared to move at points because I didn't want to stand on anyone. The whole night was honestly amazing and I can't tell you how much everyone seemed to enjoy it.

Show it Off

If you know me then you will know how much I've been looking forward to seeing Show it Off, when we finally got into the venue there was a massive queue for the lift so we decided we would take the stairs. But we stupidly didn't realise that we were on -2 and had to get to floor 4, so after running up 6 flights of stairs we finally made it up to the gig completely breathless but we were welcomed to the sweet sounds of Show it Off already playing.

The guys had the challenging task of opening the gig so really had to get everyone in the partying mood but they seemed to do such a great job. The guys had so much energy on stage and seemed to be really enjoying it. They did such an awesome job and they just played really well, okay there may have been a few mess ups on some songs but you really wouldn't have known it.
This is Show it Off:


This is them performing Dance All Night:
Destine

When they first spoke you knew it was going to be a good set from them. I'll be honest, I didn't really know much of their stuff before the gig but I know a lot more now. But they were really awesome, I had heard loads of praise about them and they really did live up to it. They put on such a brilliant show and just got everyone really into their music. They did a cover of "Down" which everyone loved, the whole venue was singing and dancing along to it.

This is Destine:
The Ocean's Eyes

I honestly wasn't sure what I was going to make of this, I don't know why I had that opinion originally because I love TOE's music, they are such a good band and I love their EP but they were on a whole new level when performing live. This was the band that got everyone completely pumped and pushing to get closer to the front. It was crazy to think that these young guys could be so popular but I can assure you that people were in love with them and there were a lot of fan girl screaming going on around me. They performed really well and had the entire crowd playing in their hands by this time. Luke even jumped off the stage into the audience and began singing a song from there, it really did get everyone involved and people were getting so pumped and running from an adrenalin rush by this time.

This is the Ocean's Eyes:


This is The Ocean's Eyes:

8th Time Luckie

This band was AMAZING! I wasn't sure what to expect from them originally because you don't get many good rock bands with only three members but these guys honestly didn't need anyone else to help them out. They had the whole crowd jumping at one point; it felt like the venue was starting to shake because of how much everyone was really going for it.
This is 8th Time Luckie:


This is 8th Time Luckie:
Room 94

They really did smash it big style. They had the entire audience playing in the palms of their hands and everyone was really enjoying their set. I could tell how amazing it was because it felt like they were hardly on stage. Their new material sounded beautiful live and it was great to see them really interacting with the audience and getting everyone going for the gig. I was super happy to get to meet them all afterwards although it was only for a brief moment but I’m glad that it still happened. This was the second time I had seen them and although the first time was a much smaller gig so it was nice in a sense that it was more personal but this one was the best out of the two because the guys seemed like they were really enjoying it and were able to get really into performing.

This is them performing The End:


This is them performing their latest release You Got it Wrong:
There was so much more that happened such as a naked Destine guy running across the stage, I got my name sang around the streets of London, the tour documentary, being in an elevator with a band member, an awesome chat with a Twenty Twenty member, the release that The Famous Class will be supporting Room 94 on their August tour and so so much more. It was such an amazing night and it was great to meet so many of the band members but also meet so many fans in the audience. Everyone was so cheery and lovely, so it was great to get to share that experience with so many other people.

But I do apologise now for the lack of real words used in this post, it seems that I am just repeating the same positive adjectives throughout the entire post. But it was honestly an amazing gig, I can't decide if it was the best one I've been to or not.
Abbie xox

These videos were all recorded on my phone and were live at the time of the event. I apologise for the poor audio quality but for some reason unknown to me, my phone cannot cope well with loud noises. And if the song has no name then it means I couldn't work out which one it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment