Thursday 12 July 2012

FutureProof Headline Tour

I was lucky enough to go to FutureProof's first ever headline in London on Friday 29th. For me I honestly don't know how I was able to get tickets because the show was sold out. Fortunetly for me I was able to grab a few tickets with some friends. The show was at the o2 Academy2 Islington, which is a really great mini venue. Although everyone got chucked out a bit speedily at the end of the show but everyone hung around outside and got to chat for a while which was nice. It was great to see all the band members interacting with the fans and each other which was brilliant. The fans were super lovely, we got to the venue way too early so had plenty of time to hang out with everyone and have a catch up with the few gig buddies that we'd met before. The night consisted of a five band bill and every band bought something new to the night.

My Everest

I had never heard of this band before Friday night, but they were an all girl punk group, they did it for the girl power world. Such a talented group of young girls, hopefully they'll keep up with it. There need to me more all girl bands in the world.

Marty Jackson

It was Marty's first ever live performance as a solo singer, and I think he felt that. His hands were shaking when he first walked onto the stage but that didn't hold back his performance level. He seemed very settled by a few minutes into his set. We only got covers in London which I won't try to hide that I was disappointed about because I was really excited to hear some of the new material he'd been working on. Maybe another time I'll get to hear some, because the covers Marty did were phenomenal. I think his nerves did come back to him but that is to be expected, he did such an amazing job. His kind nature was shown throughout the night because of the way he made time to talk to every fan and have a real conversation with them.

Tonight We're Electric



Such a young group of guys, with such a strong sound. They seem so sure of their music and the type which suits them best. The guys didn't fail to amaze that night either, their sound was phenomenal and they guys gelled together so strongly on stage. Besides the unfortunate minor technical issues which held them back slightly the guys gave an amazing performance and are certainly a band I'd look to seeing again and I cannot wait to see them progress even further.

We Start Partys




I was looking forward to seeing these Bristol guys, I was prepared for them to amaze me and they did. They really got the crowd going and by the end of their set everybody was very ready for FutureProof to take to the stage. It was great to hear some of their new songs which I obviously hadn't heard before which mde it all the more exciting to see them perform because of the sneaky extras that they gave. It was awesome to see the whole band meeting everyone after the show also and it really showed their connection with their fans.
FutureProof


Were brilliant, I was a bit unsure before they started on how much I'd enjoy their performance. But they were utterly amazing, the crowd got amazingly into their performance. Kieran knew how to play to the audience and got everyone buzzed. FutureProof were honestly so amazing and I really do suggest that if you have a spare moment to go and check them out at any moment possible. They now make my car soundtrack for each journey because they excited me that much with their music. I cannot wait to get to see them again live.

Abbie xox

(Please Note: I did not record any of these videos and all were taken from youtube, should one be your video and you wish to be credited then please let met know)

No comments:

Post a Comment