Monday 2 July 2012

Sexy T-Rex Launch

 So I went to this with a friend, I write my blog honestly and I think it was fair to say that everyone was a bit disappointed with the turn out of this event, it had such potential as a launch show and it is a real shame the lack of people there. But that didn't stop the bands performing to a high standard. I had never seen any of these bands live before so it was a first time for me.

It took us a bit of a while to find the venue but then somehow managed to arrive freakishly early so in true style we hide in costa for half an hour before deciding to role up thinking that there would be a few people down there by then. The venue itself was laid out really well, the live music was downstairs in a supposed sound-proofed room. Everyone was praising the venue to start with but I can tell you that didn't last the entire way through the night. I don't blog negatively but lets just say the loss of power during the last band may have turned everyone away from that venue for a little while.

Eastend Promises

This band were first to play, the guys did an amazing job and put energy into their performance. We were also treated to a demo CD from them and some of their songs are sounding really great. I look forward to being able to hear the songs in full.

Kaleidophone

They performed magnificently, personally for me this was the band that I was most looking forward to seeing especially as they are based locally to me. And they didn't disapoint, all the guys looked amazing and performed magnificently. They put their heart into each song and managed to impress. They're new song Sexy T-Rex was brilliant and so much better live, as every song always is. It was great to hear their new songs and get to check out some of their older stuff.
Hollywood Tramps

I would have loved to see so much more from this band because the short 2/3 minutes that we were treated to was phenomial. It was a real shame that we didn't get to see much longer of them. If my memory is correct they didn't even get to finish their first song before we lots power but they definetly caught my attention in that time.

I'm afraid I didn't manage to grab any videos from this gig but never the less please check out all the bands if you get a chance to. Because they treated us to a really great night full of lots of smiles.

Abbie xox

No comments:

Post a Comment